Cat Adoptions in Chesapeake, Virginia
Save an animal’s life with cat adoptions from Animal Assistance League in Chesapeake, Virginia. For more information about policies and fees, call us at 757-548-0045.
AAL Adoption Policies
- All cats adopted from this shelter will be spayed/neutered before adoption. This is a mandatory state law. Animals will not be allowed to leave the shelter until after they are spayed/neutered.
- No adoptions to persons under 18 years of age. Identification showing age and current address will be required for all adoptions (at least one photo ID is required).
- Renters need written proof of landlord’s permission for pets, and a copy of receipt showing pet deposit has been paid.
- Any person living with a homeowner, but not required to pay rent, i.e., parents, grandparents, guardian, etc., must have at least one homeowner present at the time of adoption.
- No animal adopted shall be given as a gift. The new owner must be present at the time of the adoption.
- The AAL reserves the right to refuse any adoption or to reclaim any animal for breach of contract.
- If an adopted animal is no longer wanted, you must contact the AAL. The AAL is not required to accept a returned animal, even if it has the right to do so. No refunds or exchanges will be given. A surrender fee may be required if animal is returned.